Do you know how to start a blog? Do you know you can start a blog yourself from scratch without anyone’s help? Yes, this guide will help you with this.
If you have got an idea or a message do you want to communicate?
Is there a topic you are interested in and you want to build a community around it?
A blog might help you accomplish these things in the form of informing, educating, promote.
Some of the reasons why people create a blog are:
- To be creatively expressive
- To enhance expertise skills and build one’s own audience
- To establish writing and thinking skills
- To be self-employed and have growth in income
- 1. How To Choose A Niche Topic For A Blog?
- 2. Choose A Blogging Platform
- 3. Domain Name And Start Blog Hosting
- 4. Starting A Blog With WordPress Software
- 5. Write And Publish Blogs
- 6. Optimization For Search Engines
- 7. Tips For New Bloggers
- Summary: How to Start A Blog From Scratch
1. How To Choose A Niche Topic For A Blog?
Before you jump in and start writing, research and planning are the key differences between a niche blog and any other blog. It is just more than the decision to “start a blog” and lets you decide “ start a blog about ..”
- Know your passion: If you don’t like fruits and decide to write a niche blog on fruits that would end up in a terrible idea. Even if liking fruits well enough might still not be enough. Niche blogging involves writing heavily about a very focused topic. So if you don’t have a passionate fire and interest in the niche that will be heavy and difficult enough.
- Long term or Short term: The niche blogs that are in trend don’t last more but they’re profitable. If your niche topic is on a TV show or movie and when the show is no longer on the air or the movie has faded your blog might not be trending. But if you are ready and capable to capitalize on every last drop of it before it fades out, then your entire blog exists by capitalizing on the trend.
- Monetizing niche blogs: Some people write niche blogs for the absolute love for the topic, however, some people hope to bring in money as niche blogs uniquely handle advertising and affiliate marketing. Select a topic that attracts a specific audience and has advertisers ready to market them.
- Keyword niche: Just selecting a niche topic won’t be enough, if you have selected the topic vegetables, it is still a broad concept – are you talking about growing vegetables?seasonal vegetable? Leafy vegetable? Buying vegetable? Cooking vegetable? For your niche blog to bring in money and traffic, you might find the keywords to your niche.
2. Choose A Blogging Platform
Once you are determined to select a topic you want to write on, you can now look for the blogging platforms where you can present the same and determine the blogging management software you are going to use.
As of now, WordPress Software is the most popular technology for blogging. With its WordPress Content Management System ( CMS), you can set up a blog and run it using your own domain and web hosting.
The actual blogging software is free and you can be in full charge of its content.
1. What About Free Blogging Sites?
The temptation to start a new blog for new bloggers using free hosted platforms such as Blogger or Tumblr is common.
However, there are certain limitations to the same:
- Your blog sets as a sub-domain. Eg: “your.blog.tumblr.com”.
- You will be subject to their rules and regulations.
2. Costing To Start A Blog
With platforms providing a one-year hosting plan, however, it varies according to the plan.
Hostinger plans features for single, premium, and business.
3. Domain Name And Start Blog Hosting
‘In order to start a blog, you need to decide on a domain name and web hosting.
1. Choosing A Domain
No matter what niche topic you choose, you will be known by the name of your domain. It is your blog’s unique address on the Internet.
Considerations before choosing a blog name:
- Short, catchy, easily pronounced,
- Easy combinations of your first and last name
The general rule is to get a “.com” Domain but some of the other extensions are also popular such as “.net” or “.blog”.
Tools like Bluehost also help in choosing a name for your Domain.
2. Choosing A Web Hosting Service
In the process of starting a blog, selecting a reliable hosting provider is one of the important steps.
You are dependable on your blog hoster for the functionality and performance of your site. It is the host that makes sure that your blog is available for potential readers 24/7. Also, it is a place where your content and files are stored online.
4. Starting A Blog With WordPress Software
You need to start with a Web Hosting Account and Install WordPress CMS
- You need to go to the Website and select your hosting plan first.
- You set up your Domain-Name and register with all your required information
- You are then ready to create your account.
5. Write And Publish Blogs
As far as your framework is ready as establishing blog Domain Name, Choosing blog hosting site. Depending on your needs you can decide what pages bloggers use:
In order to write quality and great content blogs:
- Point -Starting with the topic you are covering
- Prove – Give examples of the topic you are writing
- Perform – Execute with a simple way
6. Optimization For Search Engines
The process that website owners use to get traffic to their web pages from search engines such as (GOOGLE) is Search Engine Optimization.
The minimum you have to do for your blog post or pages are:
- Keyword Optimization
- SEO meta tags
7. Tips For New Bloggers
Some of the most important tips for new bloggers you will find below:
- Commitment with consistency
- Starting with low competition keywords
- Interacting in the comments section
- Promoting on social media platforms
- Using SEO platforms for improving online visibility and discovering insights like SEMrush
- The top 5 blogging platforms where you can start with are :
How do I find a profitable niche for my blog?
Once you have selected a topic of your interest, doing market research, checking out on competition with the help of SEO tools.
Is blogging expensive?
Starting a self-hosting blog is not expensive. But with certainly paid platforms choosing a Domain may cost you minimal.
Summary: How to Start A Blog From Scratch
With commitment, promoting on social media sites, creating quality content is a professional way of introducing your ideas, products, business to the world. Blogging being a public act will put you in the spotlight and gain attention for your words.
- A2 Hosting Black Friday Deals 2022: 78% OFF [Huge Savings – Only $1.99/month]
- Best Nintendo Switch Black Friday Deals 2022
- Black Friday Domain Offer 2022 – Best Domain Discount Deals
- Bluehost Affiliate Program Review 2022: How to Apply and Earn?
- Bluehost Black Friday Deals 2022: Flat 70% Off
- ChemiCloud Coupon Codes 2022 – Huge 75% Off [Verified]
- Cloudways Affiliate Program Review 2022: How Much Money You Can Make?
- DreamHost Black Friday Deals 2022: Exclusive Discounts Of The Year
- Elementor Black Friday Deals 2022: Mega Offers For Everyone
- FastComet Black Friday Deals 2022: Save Up To 70% OFF
- Flywheel Black Friday Deals 2022: 3 Months Free Hosting (LIVE)
- GeneratePress Black Friday Deals 2022: Up To $40 Off On Yearly & Lifetime Plan
- GetResponse Black Friday Deals – Up To 40% Off [Live Now]
- GoDaddy Black Friday 2022 Deals [Preview] – Up to 99% OFF
- Grammarly Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2022: 60% Off
- GreenGeeks Affiliate Program Review 2022 – How Much You Can Earn
- GreenGeeks Black Friday Deals 2022 – Exclusive 75% Off with Free Domain
- HostArmada Black Friday 2022 Deals: Save Up To 80% OFF
- Hostgator Affiliate Program Review 2022 – Earn Upto $125
- HostGator Black Friday 2022 Deals [Preview] : Highest 75% Discount [$2.08/mo + FREE Domain]
About The Author of Hosting Black Friday Deals
Founder of HostingBlackFridayDeals.Com
Qualification: MBA, A Certified Digital Marketer, and a WordPress web developer.
Experience: 14 years with brands like CitiGroup & Vodafone.
Expertise: An expert digital marketer, SEO expert, and content creator. Developed over 500+ WP and HTML websites and apps for clients.
Purpose of this website: To share highly recommended or tested money-saving best Black Friday deals. Sharing tips, tricks, and experiences that we have regarding web hosting, WordPress themes, plugins, VPNs, software as we use them for clients’ websites.
Exclusive: On this site, we also share the instructions to use the products step by step. We also share about the money-back period and the process to cancel the purchase.
We evaluate thousands of deals and offers by various companies and ensure to choose the best ones only for our visitors.
Connect with me for feedback about deals :